Monday, May 17, 2010

Double THIS/Superbowl Bummer

Well it happened. I FINALLY ate a KFC Double Down Sandwich. I have been dreaming about enjoying one since the day they started Pre-Advertising back in January for it to be released on April 12. I generally remove some, if not all of the bread from sandwiches anyway, not because of the carbs but because I just love the meaty portion so much that it's all I want to taste. As you can imagine, this "sandwich" was truly a dream come true.
For those of you who aren't familiar, the Double Down is basically a sandwich, sans bread. 2 big juicy chicken breasts (grilled or fried), sandwiched around some bacon and some kind of delicious sauce that was the perfect combo of tangy and sweet. This sandwich has been called a lot of things- disgusting, a heart attack waiting to happen, the reason so many kids are obese, etc- all the usual cliche things. So, I did a little research. And here is what I discovered.

I ordered the Original Double down sandwich (original = fried), and I got a side of potato wedges. The sandwich itself is 540 calories, and the fries are 260. Ouch. However, had I gone to McDonalds and gotten a Big Mac and Fries, I would have been consuming - wait for it.. 540 calories in the sandwich, and 220 calories in the Fries. Here is the difference- while I would have NO problem eating an entire big mac and fries, I was literally forcing down this double down- it was delicious, but so filling that I only made it through half of it. Not to mention the fries which are still sitting in my fridge. I hope my point is proven.

On a lighter note, I was just informed that the world may end on December 21, 2012 when all the planets align and it causes mass chaos. I googled it and someone compared the chaos on earch and the poles tearing apart to "the earth being cleaved like a cabbage head." Interesting. Just my luck that the world would end 2 months before Indiana gets to host the damn Superbowl. FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment